Become a Dementia Champion
As a Dementia Friends Champion, your responsibilities will be:
- To promote Dementia Friends throughout your own networks and communities.
- To organize your time, deciding when, and where, you are available to lead Dementia Friends sessions (in collaboration with the Master Champion, if applicable)
- To act as an ambassador for Dementia Friends, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- To represent the views of Dementia Friends by following the Champion’s Guide and Session Workbook.
- To promptly record your Dementia Friends sessions and the number of Dementia Friends you make as instructed.
- To contact the Master Champion with any questions or if you no longer wish to volunteer.
What can I expect from being a Dementia Friends Champion?
- To be part of an international movement making our communities safer, more respectful, and inclusive for the growing number of people living with dementia, and those who care about them.
- To receive sufficient training and support so that you feel confident in this role.
- To build your own understanding of dementia.
- To be kept up-to-date with Dementia Friends news and developments.
- To have your suggestions for improvement listened to.
- To feel valued and appreciated for your contribution.
- To be able to stop volunteering as a Dementia Friends Champion at any time.
Are you interested in facilitating Dementia Friend information sessions in our community?
Step 1: Attend a Dementia Friend Session
Step 2: Attend a Dementia Champion Training. Contact us at BrandonB@aaawm.org to learn more.