616-456-5664 menu

Did You Know?

Did you know that you can increase the size of whole webpage, not just the font, using your browser? Simply hit

  • CTRL and = (thats the ctrl key and the = key at the same time) to zoom in
  • CTRL and - to zoom out
  • CTRL and 0 to reset it

That works for every website as well, not just this one!

Home About Us News Latest News Tagged with: Taxes

Latest News

Tax Preparation Options for 2012

1/26/2012 4:15pm

Senior Neighbors will no longer be offering assistance with taxes. However, they have compiled a list of resources older adults can contact for help with tax preparation. Senior Neighbors’ outreach workers will help seniors problem solve tax issues through appropriate referrals, like they do with many other concerns. To contact Senior Neighbors, call (616) 459-6019 or visit www.seniorneighbors.org

H&R Block is willing to go to senior housing sites and senior centers and provide tax services like Senior Neighbors has done for the past several years.  They are willing to assist the seniors using the same suggested donation schedule Senior Neighbors used last year.  The contact person at H&R Block is Carl Underhill.  He has been volunteering with Senior Neighbors the last couple of years helping with its tax program, so he is familiar with how the program has operated.  Carl can be reached at 616-669-2081 or at carl.underhill@tax.hrblock.com

AARP will continue to operate their senior tax program at the Baxter Community Center.  They have the capacity to help many seniors with their tax forms at the Baxter Center and can be reached during tax season at 616-456-8593.  Phil Quist is the contact at Baxter. For more information, visit http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/ .

The Kent County Tax Credit Coalition operates over 20 sites to assist people with tax forms.  For more information, call 211 or check this link: http://www.hwmuw.org/media/KCTCC_Coupon_English_2011.pdf


#1 Debra Dagen said:

Thank you for update. Does anyone know if H&R is offerring these services in other counties?

#2 Jackie said:

I am not aware what is available in other counties, but you can contact AARP and H&R Block in your area and ask. I recall seeing an H&R Block commercial offering to do the taxes for free if you meet the criteria listed on the IRS website for free e-filing. OR someone can help them with the online format.

Leave a Comment

will not be published or sold, but will be stored in case a staff person needs to contact you

Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan
3215 Eaglecrest Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: 616-456-5664 or 888-456-5664 • Fax: 616-456-5692


Site Map

CARF accredited Dementia Friendly

Website created by GRCMC