CARF Accreditation: Case Management
Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan has been awarded a three-year accreditation from CARF International for Case Management. CARF International is a nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Its goal is to ensure that persons served remain at the center of the service delivery process. This accreditation is official recognition that our organization is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices and reflects our organization's commitment to reducing risk, addressing health and safety concerns, respecting cultural and individual preferences, and providing the best possible quality of care to the people we serve.
CARF Survey June 18 - June 20, 2018
AAAWM Receives 3 year CARF Accreditation
We are pleased to announce that AAAWM has been accredited by CARF for a period of three years for Case Management and Home and Community Services for our in-home care programs. This accreditation demonstrates that AAAWM has made a specific commitment to put the needs of our clients at the center of everything we do.
AAAWM staff had been working diligently for months to prepare the agency for the accreditation process which included documenting procedures and evaluating current policies. All of this hard work culminated in an on-site visit from a team of CARF surveyors in June.
CARF stated in its accreditation decision, “On balance, AAAWM demonstrates that it possesses a sincere and highly collaborative approach to meeting the CARF standards. The organization is recognized in the community as a reliable and valuable resource. It has a committed leadership and management team that values longevity of the organization’s staff. The organization is encouraged to continue the commitment to the successful and ongoing implementation of the CARF standards into the fabric of service to persons served in their community."
CARF said, “AAAWM has strengths in many areas.” Here are a few of the noted strengths:
- Exceptional commitment to meeting the needs of persons served
- Consistent excellent audit scores from multiple state agencies
- Strong financial controls and position allow AAAWM to focus on meeting present and future needs with confidence
- Physical space is light and airy with well designed, private offices and welcoming office spaces
- Board is proud of its involvement and feels well informed and engaged
- Staff members have years of experience with AAAWM and in the field of aging services
CARF Accreditation is official recognition that AAAWM is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices. CARF International is a nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Its goal is to ensure that persons served remain at the center of the service delivery process. For more information on CARF, visit http://www.carf.org
CARF Coming Soon
A survey team from CARF International* will be visiting the AAAWM office June 15-17, 2015. We invited the surveyors to evaluate how well we meet international standards for quality. The survey will tell us what we are doing well and ways we might improve. As a result of this survey, we may earn or continue accreditation.
As part of the survey, the surveyors will interview people who receive services, their families, our staff, and others.
Some questions the survey team members might ask people are:
- Do we provide a clean and safe setting?
- Do you receive the services you need and want?
- Are you treated with respect?
- Do you take part in planning your services?
- Are you told what you need to know about your services?
- Are your questions answered in a way you understand?
- Do you know where to go with questions or concerns?
If you would like to talk with one of the survey team members or want to learn more about CARF International, please let one of our staff members know. You may also contact CARF International directly.
- Internet: www.carf.org/contact-us
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Ma•l: CARF International, 6951 East Southpoint Road, Tucson, AZ 85756, USA
- Telephone: (520) 495-7001
*CARF International is an independent, not-for-profit family of organizations (including CARF, CARF Canada, and CARF-CCAC) that provides accreditation in the field of human services.