Older Americans Act Proposals Released
The Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan (AAAWM) is seeking proposals to provide contracted services funded under the Older Americans Act in Region 8. This is a separate funding stream that provides services to clients who may not be receiving services through the MI Choice Waiver or Care Management program.
Region 8 includes the nine counties of Allegan, Ionia, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Newaygo and Osceola. This proposal process is for three years, Fiscal Years 2017- 2019. The funding awarded will be for the first year of the three year proposal, Fiscal Year 2017 (October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017).
The defined services that could be funded in this proposal process are:
- Adult Day Services
- Caregiver Focal Point
- Caregiver Education, Support and Training
- Congregate Meals
- Disease Prevention/Health Promotion
- Elder Abuse Prevention Education
- Grandparent Education, Support and Training
- Home Delivered Meals
- Homemaker (outside Kent Co.)
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Nutrition Education
- Outreach and Assistance
- Respite (outside Kent Co.)
- Senior Center Staffing
- Transportation – Assisted and Public
- April 13, 2016 - 1:00 p.m. Proposal Workshop at the Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan located at 3215 Eaglecrest Drive NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- May 2, 2016 - 12:00 p.m. Proposals Due at the AAAWM office, 3215 Eaglecrest Drive NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Any questions concerning the proposal process will be answered at the Proposal Workshop. Problems with the documents can be addressed to Anne Ellermets at firstname.lastname@example.org