AAAWM Receives 3 year CARF Accreditation
We are pleased to announce that AAAWM has been accredited by CARF for a period of three years for Case Management and Home and Community Services for our in-home care programs. This accreditation demonstrates that AAAWM has made a specific commitment to put the needs of our clients at the center of everything we do.
AAAWM staff had been working diligently for months to prepare the agency for the accreditation process which included documenting procedures and evaluating current policies. All of this hard work culminated in an on-site visit from a team of CARF surveyors in June.
CARF stated in its accreditation decision, “On balance, AAAWM demonstrates that it possesses a sincere and highly collaborative approach to meeting the CARF standards. The organization is recognized in the community as a reliable and valuable resource. It has a committed leadership and management team that values longevity of the organization’s staff. The organization is encouraged to continue the commitment to the successful and ongoing implementation of the CARF standards into the fabric of service to persons served in their community."
CARF said, “AAAWM has strengths in many areas.” Here are a few of the noted strengths:
- Exceptional commitment to meeting the needs of persons served
- Consistent excellent audit scores from multiple state agencies
- Strong financial controls and position allow AAAWM to focus on meeting present and future needs with confidence
- Physical space is light and airy with well designed, private offices and welcoming office spaces
- Board is proud of its involvement and feels well informed and engaged
- Staff members have years of experience with AAAWM and in the field of aging services
CARF Accreditation is official recognition that AAAWM is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices. CARF International is a nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Its goal is to ensure that persons served remain at the center of the service delivery process. For more information on CARF, visit http://www.carf.org