616-456-5664 menu

Did You Know?

Did you know that you can increase the size of whole webpage, not just the font, using your browser? Simply hit

  • CTRL and = (thats the ctrl key and the = key at the same time) to zoom in
  • CTRL and - to zoom out
  • CTRL and 0 to reset it

That works for every website as well, not just this one!

Home FAQ's

Will Senior Care Services Help Me Stay in My Own Home?

May older adults want to stay in their own home, but they are often unaware that there is a variety of programs and in-home care services available.  Some senior care services include home delivered meals, homemaking (vacuuming, laundry, house cleaning) and personal care (hygiene, bathing, and dressing).  Watch the video below to see how in-home senior care services can help people remain in their own homes.

For those who qualify for Medicaid, there are in-home services available through the MI Choice Medicaid Waiver program. Individuals are required to meet income and assets guidelines as well as have a need for nursing home level of care. For more information on MI Choice Medicaid Waiver program, click here

Residents of Kent County, MI have access to a number of senior care services such as transportation, home chore and medication management through the Kent County Senior Millage. These services and more help older adults have alternatives to nursing home care by bringing services into the home. In order to qualify for services, you must be over age 60 and a resident of Kent County, MI. Some senior care services may require individuals to pay a portion of the cost and donations are always accepted.  For more information on the Kent County Senior Millage, including a full list of services, click here.

In-home care services such as homemaking, personal care and even home delivered meals can also be purchased privately through a number of agencies. A list of AAAWM Partners organizations can be found here on our website and can be searched for by county. The organizations listed are ones that AAAWM has a relationship with (either funding or contractual) that also includes oversight and regular assessments from our staff.


For more information on in-home care services or to search for specific services available in Allegan, Ionia, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Newaygo or Osceola counties, visit www.aaawm.org/services_by_county.  To find services available outside of AAAWM’s coverage area, contact the Eldercare Locator, a nationwide resource for finding services, including Area Agencies on Aging at  1-800-677-1116 or visit their website at www.eldercare.gov.

Return to FAQ's

Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan
3215 Eaglecrest Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: 616-456-5664 or 888-456-5664 • Fax: 616-456-5692


Site Map

CARF accredited Dementia Friendly

Website created by GRCMC