All questions regarding employment should be directed to Employment@aaawm.org. The Agency does not accept unsolicited resumes and those sent will not be retained.
Financial Accounting Manager:
You will supervise the accounting department’s financial functions including a staff of three to assure a high quality professional service, perform fiscal assessment desk reviews of sub-recipients, monitor adherence to proper internal controls, and ensure compliance with all established policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and generally accepted accounting and business practices.
Position reports to the Financial Director (CFO), who is a licensed CPA.
Key qualities of the ideal candidate:
- team player with a positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to develop the team
- demonstrated ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities;
- professional attitude and personal responsibility;
- ability to bridge the gap between day-to-day and overall impact of organization;
- self-motivated, detailed-oriented professional
- strong skills in mathematical problem solving, financial intuition, and technology.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Three years’ progressively responsible finance related work experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, CIA , or prior audit experience, preferably significant experience with non-profits, federal and state grant reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Full time, salaried position based upon 40 hour work week with minimal to no overtime! Agency encourages work-life balance for its employees with flexible hours, up to 4 weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
Starting salary $55,000 - $64,000 with excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, as well as 10% retirement contribution and employer paid group life, short term disability, and long term disability.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be scheduled starting 12/2/2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
If you are age 55 or over and are interested in a training employment program, visit training_employment_program